One bedroom | Apartment 13
One bedroom | Apartment 13
The Cozy is a modern, open-plan, city-living one-bedroom apartment with separate bedroom and bathroom.
All Seasalt Apartments offer branded appliances, plumbing for washing machines and parking by negotiation.
a stone's throw from the ocean
We don’t think you’ll find many more interesting places to live in the city than this, right in the throng of Plymouth’s Barbican waterfront district. From the moment we walked through the door back in 2015, our imagination was sparked. It captured our hearts.
Set on a historic site amidst 16th and 17th century townhouses, Seasalt, our now fashionably urban City Collection apartment building, is a striking example of German architecture (from the ‘New Objectivity’ movement) with its iconic sawtooth design. Echoing Ernst May’s ‘zicksackhausen’ blocks in Frankfurt, it was designed by the same architects responsible for the city’s Civic Centre, now Grade II listed. We loved the way the distinctive shape maximises space and light, using cleverly calculated angles in relation to the sun (south east), while at the same time maximising both privacy and views along historic New Street towards Sutton Harbour. Architectural genius.
Our newly renovated facade features large format windows that flood the apartments with masses of light and our textured coastal palette of warm, natural tones has given the building’s zig-zag exterior a much softer, yet contemporary look and feel. It all blends beautifully with the conservation area’s listed buildings, lifting the ambience of the whole street.
Everything about Seasalt has been lovingly considered to create bunnyhomes that are built to last. We’ve breathed new life into an unloved building, now classed as a non-designated heritage asset for its architectural interest, creating a whole new community in this buzzing heart of the city.
the best of both worlds
The location really does have it all. It’s conveniently tucked away in a quiet side street yet just a few steps from the lively hustle and bustle of The Barbican’s cafés and bars, vibrant mix of restaurants, eclectic shops and the coolest art galleries.
In complete contrast, just opposite Seasalt you’ll find the Elizabethan Gardens — a secret escape that’s an unexpected oasis of tranquility full with flowers, herbs and low box hedges. Seasalt brings you the best of both worlds — apartment living in the heart of Plymouth with a beautifully manicured, garden on your doorstep.
And did we mention Seasalt apartments are just a stone’s throw from the ocean? Imagine waking up each morning that close to the harbour. You can meander down to watch the fishing boats come in at your leisure. It’s like being on holiday, even on a work day. Maybe a brisk walk along the front will start your morning? Or perhaps a gentle mosey is more your style, to pick up the milk? Life here, is what you make it.
- Contemporary high gloss finishes in warm natural tones
- Easy-clean smooth ceramic electric full-size hob
- Stainless steel cooker hood
- Integrated fridge/freezer by Lamona
- Fan oven with integrated grill
- Ready-plumbed for a washing machine
- Stainless steel sink with chrome mixer tap
- Pull-out bins
- Boutique-style bathroom fitted with vanity units for extra storage
- Heated towel rail
- Large shower trays with fixed shower screen
- Walls painted ‘cashmere’ – a luxury tonal shade
- Windows in white finish, with curtain poles or tracks provided ready for you to dress
- Fully-programmable, thermostatically-controlled electric heating
- Thermostatically-controlled slimline radiators with in-built programme
- Burford profile skirting boards painted in satin white
- Gated entrance with keypad control to rear courtyard
- Intercom buzzer entry
- CCTV security in communal areas
- Highly efficient external render insulation greatly increases thermal efficiency slashing your energy bills
- Superb sound-proofing – an oasis of calm in the heart of the city
- Motion-activated external lighting in communal areas
Windows & doors
- Sealed uPVC windows, colour-matched externally
- External doors finished in a solid colour, with spy hole
- BT fittings finish to match electrical points
- Sky TV fittings finish to match electrical points
- White electrical switch and socket plates
- USB points
- Smoke/heat detectors fitted as standard
how to find us
For more information about homes to rent in this location call us on 01208 455171 or email us.